Wednesday 24 September 2008

The Silk Road



Today I am off to Tianjin, China for a World Economic Forum conference entitled New Champions. It's a gathering of a thousand or so business executives, politicians, volunteers with a focus on new emerging companies with the potential to have a global impact. The event will be opened by the Premier of China.

Garlik has been selected to attend and I will be leading a session on cybersecurity alongside some fascinating people.



Tianjin is a fairly small city in China, I think it only has about 12m people and ranks as China's 27th largest city. Phew!

I have never been much further east than Essex so this is a completely new experience for me. I am looking forward to sharing my first impressions, but I am not looking forwards to the 17 hour journey that I am about to embark on....

No comments: