I started blogging almost exactly a year ago, on the 4th January 2008 and it has been a fascinating experience. I had to invent a new person - Mr Bojangles - and give that person a voice. (Incidentally, I also gave that person an extra Xmas present, from Tom to Mr Bojangles :) and Mr Bojangles got exactly what you would expect him to get).
I found my voice through Mr Bojangles and I told my story as it happened. I had to find my tempo too. Do you blog every day? Once a week? Once a month? I blogged 73 times in 2008, about 6 times a month and that worked well for me. I think I captured the main events of my year and only missed out one major incident, concerning a pot of glue, a left handed badger and two unusual shades of the colour mauve!
2008 turned out to be an eventful year for me.
- January took me to Davos for the World Economic Forum where I slipped and slid in the snow and rubbed shoulders with the great and good
- February saw me sneak in the doors of Number 10 Downing Street and sneak off to Paris on valentines day without my wife (ohhh, errrr, misses)
- March caught me crooning Sexual Healing to a crowd of "admirers" in Central London
- April had me being strung up from the nearest tree for being black
- May locked me in windowless rooms in Geneva on UN work, then served me eggs sunny side up in Silicon Valley
- June had me battling with the wrong socks and battling with a mid-life crisis
- July beat a confession out of me about having been stabbed as a youth
- August took me back to school to be re-educated and to Wilton Park which is not in Wilton Park
- September stretched my passport, taking me from Silicon Valley to China
- October turned me into a Powerful person
- November opened my eyes to the might of India and saw me taken to Court
- and December caught me half naked in a car park and gave me a prize
What a year. I've had a good year. Garlik has had a good year and this blog has had a good year. But all good things come to an end. So this is my last post...
See you all in 2009 :)
Happy New Year to you all and best wishes for 2009.